Jump to navigation
You are here
Combination Technician B
We are currently accepting resumes for the full-time Combination Technician B position located in Iqaluit, NU.
• Installs/upgrades/repairs various technologies provided to the customer, depending on location, that includes but is not limited to the following: a. Microwave terminals and repeaters (analog and digital);
a. b. Satellite remote terminals;
b. VHF base stations and mobiles;
c. Central Office equipment including transmission and switching equipment;
d. Supervisory equipment;
e. DC power plant equipment including but not limited to rectifiers, inverters, counter cells, battery and distribution facilities;
f. Multiplex and VF equipment; and
g. Electronics associated with fibre optic systems;
• Required to provide occasional support for other technical roles including but not limited to Radio, or Radio/CO Combination Technicians;
• Required to perform the duties of a Service Technician in the areas of telephony, data, Key Systems, and PABX on an as needed basis;
• Represents the Company through direct contact with customers which may require the need to explain Company equipment and services;
• Contribute to continuous improvement in the delivery of product or service to internal and/or external customers;
• Create and maintain documentation and paperwork associated with any of the above;
• Actively participate in personal and professional education and development to keep current with required technologies or skills required to effectively manage and resolve customer issues;
• Protects the Company's assets at all times and in all situations within the employee’s control;
• Will be required to be available for call-outs when on Standby status and/or during emergencies;
• Required to travel to various customer sites including out of town locations that require air travel including helicopters and small airplanes and may be required for call-outs.
• Actively participate in the Health & Safety program by working in compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations, completing required training and reporting immediately to your Supervisor or Workplace H & S Committee member any work-related hazards and concerns.
1. Journeyman Communications Technician or graduate of a 2-year communication electronic program at a recognized technical institute or achieve a passing mark on qualifying exam;
2. Two (2) years or more work experience in the technologies (listed above) being serviced in the area where this job is located;
3. Ability to work effectively without direct supervision;
4. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team with a broad range of duties;
5. Computer literacy sufficient to function with the documentation processes associated with service calls;
6. Possess valid drivers license (minimum class 5);
7. Must be able to travel to sites, out of town and respond to emergency call-outs as required;
8. Must be physically capable of performing duties; and
9. Must be willing to work inside or outside in all weather conditions.
10. Participation in organizational health and safety and/or knowledge of H&S regulations in Canada, will be considered an asset.
Send This Job to a Friend