||Director Government Relations
||Northwestel is seeking a Director, Government Relations. The successful candidate is a seasoned government relations professional that has developed and maintained a strong network with government officials and stakeholders. This position is permanent, full-time and can be located in Whitehorse YT or Yellowknife, NT.
Required qualifications include experience in a highly competitive and regulated industry, preferably telecommunications and formal education in business, public administration or journalism.
The Director, Government Relations reports to the President and CEO and is responsible for working with government departments, Members of Parliament and third party stakeholders to advocate and enlist support for Northwestel’s business.
This will be achieved through:
• Creating an overall Government Relations strategy for the Company and business plan that leverages Northwestel’s resources.
• Proactively managing the government relations strategy to minimize risk.
• Monitoring government policy and programs at the territorial and federal level to identify the potential impact on the company.
• Researching opportunities and threats and develop strategies to gain government support for the Company’s position.
• Developing relationships with senior departmental officials and political staff with portfolios relevant to the company.
• Providing strategic direction to internal customers to manage initiatives that are impacted by government control.
• Representing the company on working committees of key coalitions and associations with respect to government policies.
• Working with the Government Relations team at Bell to leverage their knowledge and relationships.