Jump to navigation
You are here
We are currently accepting resumes for the full-time Shipper/Receiver position located in Whitehorse, YT.
• Package and document all outbound shipments in accordance with all standards, regulations and policies as established by Northwestel Inc and legal and/or government statute.
• Receive and put away all inbound shipments in accordance with procedures set out by Northwestel Inc.
• Logistical support and inventory management of all Capital projects and external customer projects/sales.
• Prepare and complete all documentation as required for all Shipping & Receiving tasks and functions.
• Accept and ship orders from and to internal Northwestel customers for inventory, capital, business systems, spares, repairs, and test equipment material as per laid out procedures.
• Inventory control and dispersal of Environmental equipment (I.e. Spill kits).
• Manage and maintain records related to the refurbishing of existing and future Northwestel Inc material and equipment.
• Organize, maintain and document issues and receipts of all Northwestel Inc., Capital, Test Equipment, spares and surplus material as required.
• Operate and provide preventative maintenance on all warehouse equipment.
• Assist with material pick-up and delivery service throughout the city on an as required basis.
• Create replenishment orders for Inventory items in specific Warehouse locations in accordance to Northwestel procedures.
• Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures, and regulatory compliance procedures.
• Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Update and upkeep of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Provide Transport of Dangerous goods logistic support.
• E-waste preparation.
• Provide Logistics support to other departments and other related Warehouse duties as assigned.
1. Minimum Grade 12 education and demonstrated basic numeracy and literacy skills.
2. Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certification Ground and Air preferred (if not certified, must agree to obtain future certification).
3. The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) certificate (if not certified, must agree to obtain future certification).
4. Successfully completed a recognized Warehousing, Logistics apprenticeship program or,
5. One year of experience in a Shipper/Receiver/Logistics position including forklift knowledge of operation/exposure.
6. Physically capable of lifting and carrying material up to a maximum of 50-lbs.
7. Working level of computer skills, including keyboarding skills.
8. Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications is required (e.g. Excel, Word, Internet).
9. Knowledge of TBS and J.D.E. is an asset.
10. Valid driver's license (class 5).
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Send This Job to a Friend