Jump to navigation
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Technical Engineering Prime, Mackenzie Valley Fibre Link (MVFL) located in Whitehorse, YT or Yellowknife, NT.
The Technical Engineering Prime, Mackenzie Valley Fibre Link (MVFL) sees the big-picture and is in a unique position to plan, direct, influence and recommend the strategic direction of the MVFL (in consultation with the General Manager and Government of
Northwest Territories) on emerging trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, viability of outside business partners, and internal business process improvement that will shape communications in Northern Canada.
• Support customers in solution technical development and serve as a technical liaison to customers for designing and pricing solutions as well as trouble resolution and incident reporting.
• Oversee service implementation, performance, warranty, and support the Project Agreement.
• Lead strategic planning of the MVFL network in key areas such as capacity, configuration and evergreening of technologies in accordance with the business plan
• Provide backup and support as required to the General Manager and the Associate General Manager of the MVFL by providing:
• Collaborate with technical representatives of the MVFL Authority, Internet Service Providers(ISP’s), and customers of the Inuvik Satellite Station Facility(ISSF).
• Collaborate with the various departments in the Service Provider's organization ensuring employees understand the MVFL system and technologies.
• Direct and oversee all the maintenance and network change activities of the MVFL.
• Responsible for circuit design and technical reporting (customer and consortium).
• Determine the technological feasibility, specifications, and review workflows for completeness for new and existing products.
• Oversee development and quality of service solutions and Service Level Agreement detail.
• Respond to requests for technical information and support, and coordinate technical activities.
• Manage the MVFL assets and system performance and establish operating thresholds as well as maintain response documentation for network incidents and events.