Jump to navigation
You are here
We are currently accepting resumes for the full-time, temporary(12-month) Service Technician position located in Yellowknife, NT.
• Installs and maintains communications equipment and associated wiring/fiber.
• Organizes, develops, plans and documents all on site work to the Customer's/Company's satisfaction. This may involve coordinating work with other employees and training customers.
• Represents the Company through direct contact with customers. During these contacts explains Company equipment and services as is appropriate.
• Climbs poles, uses ladders and operates vehicular equipment in a safe efficient manner. Uses hand and power tools.
• Shift work and travel may be required
• Actively participate in the Health & Safety program by working in compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations, completing required training and reporting immediately to your Supervisor or Workplace H & S Committee member any work-related hazards and concerns.
1. Graduate of a related technical diploma program from a recognized technical college/school or equivalent communications experience.
2. Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate well with customers.
3. Must be flexible and adaptable to continuous change.
4. Must have good organizational/coordination skills.
5. Must possess a valid driver’s license, minimum Class 5.
6. Participation in organizational health and safety and/or knowledge of H&S regulations in Canada, will be considered an asset.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Send This Job to a Friend