Jump to navigation
You are here
Implementation Manager, Emerging Technology
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Implementation Manager, Emerging Technology located in Whitehorse, YT.
As an Implementation Manager, Emerging Technology, you will be accountable for designing, implementing and supporting Northwestel's IP core and edge network, consisting of Juniper and Cisco routers and switches. You will be directing cross functional teams that are tasked with building and managing the performance of Northwestel’s Core IP Network as well as providing design and technical support.
• Designing and developing detailed plans.
• Creating and implementing schedules, procuring material and equipment.
• Ensuring work is being done to specifications and meets timelines.
• Prepare cost estimates and monitor capital budget.
• Perform systems and acceptance testing.
• Engaging internal personnel and contactors to perform work functions.
• Submitting Change Requests including detailed Methods of Procedures Providing third level technical support to various projects and areas of the organization.
• Managing capacity and availability of assets while tracking and generating asset information.
• Supporting Incident Management, resolution of escalated incidents and resolution of reoccurring incidents.
• Assessing technological business needs and develop business cases for solutions.
• Bachelor of Engineering Degree supplemented with 5 years relevant experience designing, configuring, troubleshooting and implementing IP networks. CCNA and CCNP or Juniper equivalent level certification required. Candidates without CCNP level certification will be expected to achieve certification within a negotiated timeframe. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset.
• The ability to develop architectures, designs and methods to meet requirements for IP based products and services.
• In depth knowledge of and hands on experience with Cisco or Juniper routers, switches and operating software.
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, MPLS, RSVP-TE and LDP.
• Advanced knowledge of typical routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, ARP, Spanning tree) and IPV4/IPV6 addressing and subnetting.
• Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and technologies.
• Understanding of the elements of network security (firewalls, ACL etc.) and network management and monitoring and AAA protocols (SNMP, RMON, RADIUS).
• Knowledge of ITIL framework and ability to develop methods of procedure (MOP).
• Ability to troubleshoot and configure router and ethernet switched networks.
• Solid analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Leadership skills and with proven ability to manage cross functional project teams and complex technical issues.
• Working knowledge of project management principles, including scheduling, resourcing, costing, financial and risk management, communications and reporting.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to express technology issues in business terms.
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple conflicting priorities.
• Experience working with SAP or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning system would be considered an asset.
• Health Benefits
• Team Incentive Bonus
• Paid Vacation with a Vacation Travel Allowance
• Work-Life Balance
• Community Involvement
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Send This Job to a Friend