Jump to navigation
You are here
We are currently accepting resumes for the temporary (12 month), full-time Accounting Clerk position located in Whitehorse, YT.
• Compiles and sorts documents such as invoices, payments, cheques, purchase orders and substantiates business transactions
• Verifies and posts details of business transactions relating to various documents to financial systems, billing systems, spreadsheets and / or reports in maintaining accounting records
• Prepares vouchers, invoices, cheques, customer statements, reports or journal entries as required
• Monitors Accounts payable, receivables or general ledger, codes data, inputs data, reconciles various information
• Ensures proper files are maintained for payment, receipts, collection activity and other transactions
• Tasks may be designated according to type of accounting performed, but not exclusively
• Maintain good internal and external customer relations by dealing promptly with inquiries
• Provides input into the maintenance of written procedures for the accounting area
• Performs customer and /or vendor calls as required during regular course of business for various reasons included but not limited to verifying data, collecting payments, organizing payment arrangements for customers or with vendors
• Effectively respond to inbound telephone queries as required
• Collections: Work in a structured accounting environment and adhere to pre-set shifts and schedules including evenings and Saturdays to meet business requirements
• Other duties as required and assigned.
1. Grade 12 or equivalent education.
2. Minimum of 70% on an Accounting Clerical test.
3. Computer literate and experience with Excel is required
4. Experience with billing, payables or financial systems would be beneficial
5. Good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team
6. Ability and willingness to pursue developmental opportunities to enhance career
7. Good oral and written communication skills
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Send This Job to a Friend