||522 - Food Services Representative
||8-20 Hours / Week
||Stanley Park - Vancouver
This role is a seasonal casual position to assist during the upcoming spring break and summer season. Reporting to the Outlet Manager, with some coaching and direction provided by the Senior Food Service Representatives working alongside you, this role provides the highest levels of front line customer service to Aquarium visitors to ensure smooth monetary exchange and delivery of food and beverages. Working in a fast-paced high volume restaurant environment, the Food Service Representative is in charge of processing customer bills through cash, debit and credit transactions, preparing and assembling food orders, and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the café and surrounding areas.
Provides excellent front line customer service, satisfaction and positive visitor experience by:
- Creating a positive, friendly and welcoming environment for each and every visitor;
- Efficiently taking food orders;
- Assisting with finding seating and/or offering to help to carry food;
- Assisting with and answering general visitor questions of programs, events, orientation, etc;
- Properly addressing customers with food and beverage complaints - escalating concerns as needed;
- Preparing for each shift by reviewing the hotsheet to ensure a clear understanding of the day’s priorities, Aquarium events and programs;
- Answering phones and radio calls as required.
Ensures high quality product experience is received by all by:
- Preparing and assembling food and beverage orders using FOOD SAFE practices and organizational food presentation and hygiene standards;
- Ensuring point of sale cash handling procedures are followed and cash balance is accurate; (including cash, debit, and credit cards);
- Maintaining highest levels of cleanliness and professional presentation of
- Aquarium public and behind the scenes areas;
- Bussing and cleaning café seating and surrounding area;
- Removing garbage, maintaining and restocking supplies etc;
- Cleaning various café machines and equipment as required;
- Maintaining cleanliness of uniform and highest levels of personal appearance.
Maximizes contribution to the Aquarium and its programs by:
- Identifying and promoting “up-sell” opportunities with customers to increase sales, promotes current specials, etc;
- Actively demonstrating the organization's ,values and mission of conservation, education, research; continually improves our impact on the environment and greening of operations;
- Assisting and maintaining organization Environmental Management System (EMS) standards and protocols; continually contributing to best practices etc;
- Maintaining organizational safety standards;
- Performing additional related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred previous food services experience; high volume, fast paced environment. On-the-job training provided;
- Preferred previous customer service experience.
- Must have positive “can do” attitude and willingness to follow direction;
- Required FOOD SAFE Certification;
- Required Proof of Hepatitis – “A” vaccination;
- Required Criminal Background Check;
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills;
- Strong decision making skills with ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work well in a team in fast-paced, high stress environment;
- Ability to “think on your feet” with strong decision making and problem solving skills;
- Basic MS Office Skills: Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Must commit to at least 3 days a week for shifts. (please include days/time of availability in cover letter);
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Flexible with “on call” hours and occasional overtime;
- Active demonstration of the company’s values and mission.
||Send This Job to a Friend