The Senior Security Guard reports to the Manager, Security Services. This position plays the role of the shift leader and role model to all Security Guards in the performance of their regular daily duties.
Acts as a leader in the Security Department by:
- Performing all the regular duties of a security guard (Please see attached job description);
- Tracking and maintaining all departmental assets in accordance with departmental policy;
- Using good judgment and sound decisions making skills in handling incidents, elevating incidents to the level of the Security Manager when necessary;
- On the spot coaching of security team members; major issues or issues involving staff from different departments will be brought to the attention of the Security Manager and/or duty manager when visitor experience is impacted;
- Assuming a leadership role in incident response;
- Acting as the point person in the Security Manager’s absence for all security issues;
- Ensuring that all Security Officers adhere to organizational and departmental policies and procedures;
- Acting as a role model and daily shift leader, ensuring that the security team is performing to expectations;
- Assisting Security Officers in developing strong security skills.
Provides support to the Security Department by:
- Assisting with ensuring incident reports and proper supporting documents are completed when required;
- Assisting with payroll and scheduling;
- Assisting in developing and executing departmental goals and objectives;
- Assisting with issuing keys/access fobs;
- Performing additional duties as required.
Maintains and fosters a collaborative and positive working environment by:
- Keeping the lines of communication open and strives to build unity among the entire Security team and across other departments;
- Keeping the Manager updated on both employee related and shift related issues;
- Using good judgment in visitor interactions to support our guiding principle of a great visitor experience.
Promotes EMS & Occupational Health and Safety by:
- Continually improving our impact on the environment and greening of operations through support of EMS protocols;
- Maintaining organizational safety standards;
- Ensuring employees are following first aid and security policies and procedures in handling incidents.