|Senior Sponsorship & Events Specialist
Wawanesa is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented, energetic professional for the position of Senior Sponsorship and Events Specialist to join its Winnipeg Office.
The Senior Sponsorship & Events Specialist is a new addition to the team, accountable for strengthening Wawanesa’s reputation and brand within Canada and the United States through sponsorship, donations, events, and employee volunteerism initiatives. This
role reports to the Manager, Community, Sponsorship and Events.
- Execute community sponsorship opportunities and events that enhance Wawanesa’s brand and reputation and represent the interests of the Company in the community
- Administer, manage and track the company’s multi-million-dollar community and sponsorship budget ensuring accuracy and stewardship of donation and sponsorship funding
- Develop and manage communications plans and associated tactics for Community Affairs and Sponsorships, including but not limited to donation letters, event hosting, external releases, employee messages, advertisements, speeches, itineraries, promotional
contests, website content and social media
- Organize, manage and distribute use of tickets to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage, track, and fulfill donation requests from charitable organizations across the country
- Prepare reports and presentations for Senior Management on the company’s Sponsorship and Community Affairs program
- Track and deploy assets for signage, advertising, and promotional items
- Identify, promote and communicate community opportunities to all employees as well as provide guidance, support, resources, and tools to employee volunteers
- Maintain contact database for the Community and Sponsorship program
- Willingness to be flexible and work varied hours including on weekends and evenings when necessary is required
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum of five years’ experience in community affairs, sponsorship, marketing, or an events role in a corporate environment
- Degree or diploma in business, communications, public relations, commerce or marketing or related discipline
- Experiencing managing budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders ranging from internal senior management to employee volunteers to external community leaders
- Exceptional attention to detail including well-developed analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Exceptional project manager with a strong, positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities: oversee and manage communication and logistical requirements for multiple sponsorships, programs and events simultaneously
- Superior relationship management and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability work independently as well as to thrive as part of a team
- Must be able to travel within Canada and the United States
- Knowledge of community issues, trends and the philanthropic landscape in North America an asset
- Experience with event production an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous
vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking apply On-Line below.