Manager, Social Media
Wawanesa is expanding our digital communications abilities to meet the needs of today’s market and have created a new role on our growing Communications and Community Affairs team: Manager, Social Media.
The successful candidate will join our team at an exciting time of transformation and have the opportunity to develop and execute an enterprise wide social media strategy, working in tandem with digital counterparts in Quebec and the US.
The Manager, Social Media will bring the Wawanesa brand to life, day-to-day, across a variety of social platforms, engaging current followers and attracting new ones, all the while conveying Wawanesa’s core values of respect, transparency, collaboration
and community service.
The Manager, Social Media will collaborate closely with fellow members of the Communications group and diverse employees across the organization, from teams like Customer Experience, Business Development, Talent Acquisition, Application Services and the
He or she will take a leading role in the evolution of the company’s digital culture, evangelizing best practices, new ideas, and social media opportunities, while at the same time promoting fact-based decision-making and assessment of ROI through though
the use of analytics.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Community Affairs, the Manager, Social Media will support Wawanesa’s Property & Casualty and Life business units in Canada and the United States. Responsibilities include:
- Developing a multichannel strategy to meet our engagement and acquisition objectives amongst current and prospective policyholders, and the broker community
- Creating an action plan and maintaining a social media publishing calendar comprising the various platforms, including regional profiles (e.g. Google Business, Facebook)
- Content creation and curation – writing; sourcing imagery, photography and video; finding and sharing helpful and engaging third party content with Wawanesa followers
- Community management – interacting with online commenters, in a real time, on a daily basis Collaborating with key stakeholders (e.g. HR on Linkedin) to support diverse organizational objectives (Broker Engagement; Talent Acquisition; etc.)
- Using third party software, monitoring and listening to take advantage of real-time interaction / engagement opportunities
- Triaging customer complaints or issues – working to quickly, helpfully and tactfully move negative conversations offline, to be assisted by trained Customer Experience personnel
- Strategizing brand review approaches to improve overall sentiment / reputation
- Establishing and maintaining guidelines and processes to ensure quality control
- Working with key stakeholders, establish a reporting structure and process based on organizational goals, with the goal of measuring success and optimizing results over time
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated
- Ever-curious about new digital media trends and opportunities
- Expert digital media knowledge – publishing software, SEO, analytics, etc.
- A natural researcher, early adopter and educator
- Superior people skills and consensus building abilities, able to work with diverse stakeholders and personalities
- Excellent writing skills
- Keen aesthetic sense and visual storytelling abilities
- A strong understanding of brand, and how to interpret brand stories across diverse media on a daily / real-time basis
- Mature, professional and diplomatic, displaying good judgment and keeping brand tone and values top of mind at all times
- Attention to detail and respect for deadlines
- 8+ years of communications and/or marketing experience with a minimum of five years with a social media focus
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive
compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Apply today to join our team!
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please submit your résumé and cover letter at www.wawanesa.com