Wawanesa Insurance is a policyholder owned mutual insurance company that offers employees great stability and opportunity for growth.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience, advancement on a growing team.
Our Information Services team is delivering truly transformational change to both our business partners, and throughout our technology platforms. These initiatives have led to rapid growth and the need for new talent. If you’re interested in joining a team
of motivated and skilled IT professionals, who are equipped with, and are actively working with today’s latest technology, consider this exciting Winnipeg-based opportunity!
We are looking for a Senior Application Developer who will be working under minimal supervision and contribute to Wawanesa success by enhancing, maintaining, and supporting our Core Insurance applications. Our developers work in a small team model that facilitates
rapid design, development and implementation of system changes.
- Design, develop, and test software
- Ensure successful delivery of application changes that meet Wawanesa’s quality standards
- Create and maintain automated tests such as unit, API & component, and UI tests
- Prepare technical specifications as required
- Maintain the operation of business systems and applications
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve application incidents
- Participate in planning activities
- Create and update relevant documentation
- Improve upon and ensure the adherence to the established practices, processes, and guidelines
- Keep current with relevant technologies
- Mentor other Application Developers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Completion of Post-secondary degree or diploma in software development or equivalent experience
- Four years practical experience performing an application development role building software using current programming languages and working with relational database systems and structure query languages
- Detail oriented with analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize and identify issues and take proper action to resolve them
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with style fitting for the audience and message
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and implement plans by prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Good leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate high team morale by encouraging and coaching team members
- Effective decision-making skills, with the ability to direct team members to achieve goals through clear instruction
- Experience using software development tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Source Code Management and TeamCity is considered an asset
- Experience with Unix; Windows; Oracle; Microsoft SQL Server; Java is considered an asset
- Certifications in relevant technology or processes is considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience in Insurance industry is considered an asset
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries,
generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking apply On-Line below.