Wawanesa Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California
and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,000 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders, who are our owners. As an employer, we provide an environment that is
respectful, challenging and rewarding. As a corporate citizen, we actively give back to organizations that strengthen communities where we operate, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
The Wawanesa Life Insurance Company is seeking top talent to join its team in Winnipeg, Manitoba. If you’re interested in joining a team of motivated and skilled insurance professionals, who are innovative, creative, and helping to deliver truly transformational
change to our business partners and our own organization, consider this exciting Winnipeg-based opportunity!
This Actuarial Associate role will support the implementation of IFRS 17 as well as ensuring compliance with emerging requirements and standards, and actuarial special projects.
- Stay abreast of industry (i.e. IFRS 17), regulatory (i.e. LICAT) and company changes or trends as they relate to the Canadian insurance industry.
- Assist in the development and implementation of IFRS 17 Modeling and Position Papers.
- Support the development and implementation of IFRS 17 Policies and Applications
- Develop educational material to transfer knowledge of IFRS 17 and related Corporate Guidance to actuarial stakeholders in each Business Unit.
- Support the development and evolution of Wawanesa's internal policies and practices.
- Evaluate contractual agreements with outside service providers.
- Undergraduate University degree in Actuarial Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematics or other related field of study
- Associate (or pursing their Associate) of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (CIA), complying with continuing education requirements
- Minimum of 1 year of insurance industry experience, preferably with Life
- Strong technical skills and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (experience with GGY AXIS considered an asset)
- Canadian life and/or annuity technical experience and/or regulatory knowledge is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Works efficiently and cooperatively in a team environment
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries,
generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking apply On-Line below.