|Senior Communications Specialist
Senior Communications Specialist
As one of Canada’s most successful insurance providers, Wawanesa is undergoing a transformation to position the company for future success and remain a strong market competitor. Alongside, we are evolving our communications capabilities to support our short-term
and long-term goals. The Senior Communications Specialist will provide both internal and external expertise, and will develop and implement multi-channel communications that effectively describe, inform, engage, protect and promote the organization to various
internal and external stakeholders and audiences.
This role requires accountability, sense of urgency, and the ability to thrive at multi-tasking on several projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will take initiative, think strategically, be well versed with a variety of communications tools, technologies
and processes and have a proven track record developing and implementing high quality communications plans.
- Working closely with the Manager, Communications, take a leading role in the development and refinement of communications strategies that meet the evolving needs of the business
- Develop and manage communications initiatives and projects to ensure effective and efficient communication to all levels of the organization as well as external audiences
- Establish sequencing and logistics for communications plans to ensure flawless execution
- Create and manage content to support the business including – but not limited to – employee messages, Q&A documents, presentations, videos, scripts, key messages, talking points, press releases, media statements
- Support the communications needs of the CEO and senior leadership team
- Provide communications support for issues and crises internally and externally
- Prepare speaking notes, key messages and speeches for industry events and executive panels
- Build relationships with industry associations and trade media across Canada
- Provide support for the development of the Annual Report and Annual General Meeting
- Provide day-to-day communications advice and counsel to internal clients and key business partners
- Take a leading role in the development of protocols and processes for our department
- Minimum of eight years of communications experience in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or related discipline
- Strategic messaging communications skills, with expertise in change management or business transformation communication a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail including well-developed analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Superior writing skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammatical skills
- Experience writing/creating/producing materials across a variety of platforms
- Ability to effectively tailor messaging to target different audiences and represent different presenters
- Ability to influence others; skill/diplomacy in dealing with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality
- Experience working with senior executives and cross-functional, cross-regional teams
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated individual with the ability work independently as well as to thrive as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build relationships internally and externally, at all levels within an organization
- Availability on a 24/7 basis as needed for emergency communication
- Fluency in French is a considerable asset
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries,
generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking apply On-Line below.